On February 11, 2012 - Stephenie Meyer updated her website for the first time in almost a year. And this is what she wrote about Breaking Dawn films and something else.
Some of my favorite memories from filming BD 1&2, in random order:
- Weathering a "white squall" off the coast of Paraty, Brazil with the cast and crew during the filming of the honeymoon. We got trapped for the night due to rough seas—roughly 130 people in a house with eight beds, no food, and a very small amount of drinking water. I spent the night on the stair landing, sharing an old mattress covered in blackout fabric with the set photographer, set publicist, and the EPK team. (Shout out to the stair gang! Never forget!) I was actually offered a chance to escape, as was Bill Condon, but we both decided to go down with ship rather than abandon our crew.
- Exploring the third version of the Cullen House, a.k.a. Howl's Moving Castle, now bigger and better than ever. Finally getting to see Alice's room was awesome.
- Watching the creation of a three-story wedding cake composed of dead bodies. I may or may not have climbed to the top to get a picture.
- Being there for Kristen's first wedding dress fitting. Magic. Even Summit's head of marketing got all teary.
- Hanging with the new vampires. We had a lot of very cool people with us, which made the daily grind—particularly the days with wall-to-wall green screen and breathing-hazard fake snow—much more fun.
- Playing Farkle (wikipedia.org/wiki/Farkle) with Taylor and company. Yes, it is a real game, and just because I won doesn't mean I was cheating.
- Wearing more clothes at one time than I've ever worn on our Pemberton , B.C. set. People from Arizona should not go outside during February in Canada. They just embarrass themselves.
- Watching Noel and Guri sing classic Madonna in Romanian accents and full costume.
- Finally seeing Bella and Edward get married, even if it meant freezing my butt off and ending up on screen (ew). Richard Sherman's design was so far beyond my expectations.
- The cottage! The nursery! It was a joke on set that any woman who walked into that nursery would spontaneously conceive. Too beautiful.- Spending our very last night in beautiful St. Thomas. It was such a nice way to end 101 days of shooting.
- Right now Breaking Dawn 2 is being edited and having special effects added. Still a ways to go with some very complicated effects; we're doing some things we've never done before. I've gotten to see a few scenes so far, and everything is so cool. Bill Condon has such a gift. I was there, I saw everything get filmed, yet I'm still always surprised at how he's able to put it together into something that is more than the sum of its parts.
Source of BD 1 info, BD2
Steph spills about new project (maybe it's MS?)
So the busyness will not be ending anytime soon with all three projects currently ongoing. I'm hoping to get a little writing done at the same time, but writing on set has proved an elusive goal for me in the past year. I'm looking forward to this May, when I will officially be home for good and back here at my computer where I like to be best.
New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 is available to pre-order at Amazon.